Improve efficiency, boost reimbursement, and master 2024 CPT® code changes with AAPC's Procedural Coding Expert 2024
It’s everything you need for each coding decision — conveniently organized and easily identifiable with color-coded alerts and highlights. Get quick access to essential data for spot-on CPT® coding.
The user-friendly design lays out the 2024 CPT® code set with full code descriptors, E/M coding advice, CPT® to HCPCS Level II G code crosswalks, CPT® and HCPCS Level II modifiers with definitions and tips, proprietary laboratory analyses codes, inpatient-only procedure codes, brand-name vaccinations associated with CPT® codes, vascular families for interventional radiology coding, Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) details — and so much more.
Key features and benefits:
- Complete 2024 CPT® code set: Find all current CPT® codes and their descriptions in one place.
- Customized alphabetic index for 2024: Save time and eliminate cross-reference searching with thousands of easy-to-follow entries.
- Comprehensive code chapters: Effortlessly locate Category I, II, and III, multianalyte assay, and proprietary laboratory analyses codes.
- 2024 coding advice for new/revised/deleted codes: Avoid errors with coding tips for new and revised codes, plus go-to crosswalks for deleted codes.
- New this year! Procedural Coding Expert contains AMA's official E/M Guidelines.
- CPT® and HCPCS Level II modifiers: Refer to definitions and guidance for assigning modifiers correctly.
- CPT®-to-G code crosswalks: Quickly locate G codes for billing Medicare and other payers simply by looking up a CPT® code.
- Colored symbols and code alerts: Extensive symbols and highlights throughout the chapters emphasize coding and billing requirements and reimbursement information for:
- New, revised, add-on, and re-sequenced codes
- FDA approval pending codes
- Modifier 51 or 63 exempt codes
- Female-only, male-only, and maternity service or procedure codes
- MIPs codes, telemedicine codes
- Facility/non-facility total RVUs
- Global days
- Modifier crosswalks
- HCPCS code dosage for drugs
- Payment Limit Maximum Reimbursement Amount
- ASC payment indicator/ASC separate payment
- APC status indicator/APC value
- CPT® Assistant article references
- New this year! Procedural Coding Expert contains all official AMA CPT®
- AAPC Appendices: Updated searchable appendices from AAPC that you've come to rely on include:
- New, revised, and deleted codes for 2024
- 2024 crosswalks for deleted codes
- Inpatient-only procedure codes
- CPT® Category I & II modifiers, definitions, and tips Re-sequenced codes list
- Vascular families for interventional radiology table
- Lists of modifier 51 and 63 exempt, and add-on codes
- Place of service and type of service codes and definitions
- Payment status indicators and definitions
- HCPCS Level II modifiers, definitions, and tips Brand-name and generic vaccinations associated with CPT® codes
- Drug class list, telemedicine codes, anaesthesia modifiers, and much more
- Updated colorful illustrations: Boost your understanding of procedures with detailed anatomical illustrations located at the front of the book and throughout the chapters.
- Evaluation and Management Audit Worksheet: Quickly assign or audit E/M visits with this handy tool.
Procedural Coding Expert 2024 provides an easy way to maximize reimbursement in the year ahead.
Note: This book is not the official AMA CPT® code book and CANNOT be used for AAPC certification exams.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.