| Product Description
CPT® 2024 Professional Edition is the definitive American Medical Association (AMA)-authored resource to help health care professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services. Health care professionals want accurate reporting of services rendered and reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT® 2024 Professional Edition.|
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the health care community, creates and maintains the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) code set. No other codebook has the accurate, complete official guidelines for the latest and current procedural terminology for procedures and services to help you code and report medical services and procedures properly. The AMA also takes the copyright protection of its content very seriously and is committed to providing the most effective anti-piracy efforts for its authors and readers, such as inclusion of the Amazon Anti Privacy Sticker and nonintrusive light-yellow dots on almost every page to reduce print reproduction in accordance with current copyright rules and laws.
Recognizing that racism is a threat to the advancement of health equity and a barrier to appropriate medical care, as well as the power of images in contributing and limiting what bodies physicians, medical professionals, and students learn to see and define as normal and standard, the CPT 2024 Professional Edition will feature diversity-related illustrations to counter a deep-seated, culturally, and systemically biased norm. These diversity-related images continue advancing inclusive and equitable representation of a diverse range of skin tones in our medical educational resources for everyone who uses our codebook in their daily work, practice, and education.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The CPT® 2024 Professional Edition codebook covers hundreds of code, guideline and text changes and features:
- CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations — provides cross-referenced information to popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT code set.
- A comprehensive index — locate codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation quickly.
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations — help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and services/procedures discussed.
- Overall codebook table of contents —enable a quick search of the entire codebook’s content for quick access.
- Section table of contents — provide a useful tool to navigate effectively and quickly through each section’s codes.
- Complete list of the additions, deletions and revisionsfor codes and code descriptors — provide a summary and quick reference of the 2024 changes in the codes without having to compare editions.
- Multiple appendices — offer additional information for modifiers, add-on codes, images vascular families, re-sequenced codes, MAAAs and PLA services, COVID-19 vaccines and administration codes, and digital medicine-services taxonomy.
- New Appendix S — Artificial Intelligence Taxonomy (AI) for Medical Services and Procedures — provide guidance for classifying various AI applications of AI for medical services and procedures.
- New Appendix T — Synchronous Telemedicine Service Rendered Via Telephone or Other Real-Time Interactive Audio-Only Telecommunications System—–list all audio-only telemedicine CPT codes.
- Comprehensive E/M code selection tables — aid physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes.
- Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection.