| Product Description
Official 2024 ICD-10-CM Expert Code Book
Developed for students and professionals alike, the ICD-10-CM Expert 2024 is designed for coders by coders. It is custom-tailored as an easy, essential reference for use in the office, medical facilities, classrooms, and for exams.
The ICD-10-CM Expert 2024 will not only ensure that you’re up to speed with 2024 updates — it will help you check your coding for medical necessity. With color coding and illustrations, you’ll easily navigate, digest and remember the material.
Key features and benefits:
- Complete 2024 ICD-10-CM code set with new codes, new text, revised codes, and revised text
- Summary of 2024 ICD-10-CM code changes in an easy-to-review appendix
- 2024 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting with quick view flow charts to help students and professional coders meet compliance requirements
- NEW! 2024 Chapter-specific guidelines before each chapter so you can quickly reference the guidelines you need for the codes you use most
- “Eye” symbols alert clinical coders that a specific code has a guideline reference
- Anatomy and physiology descriptions before Tabular List chapters provide information pertaining to specific body anatomy and diseases
- Special color coding throughout to highlight instructional notes, bilateral and unilateral indicators, and other features
- Symbols and highlights for Medicare code edits to highlight age, sex, manifestation, other specified and unspecified codes
- Indicators alert medical billers to MACRA codes required for MIPS quality and cost measures reporting
- Extension “X” symbol to alert coders to the ICD-10-CM placeholder “x” convention
- Appendix with Z codes for long-term use of drugs
- Symbol for Z codes used as the first-listed diagnosis
- Expanded online updates and tips to help you improve accuracy and efficiency
- Highlighted vertical lines orient the eye to the correct indentation throughout the Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Full-color anatomical illustrations at the front of the book and throughout the Tabular List
- Adhesive tabs save you time by eliminating the search for your high-trafficked codes
- Spiral binding allows your book to lay flat when open
- Free CEU with purchase: With every purchase of a 2024 AAPC code book, you can register for a free code book training (worth 1 CEU) that provides an overview of the book, including the history of the coding system, a book tour, and tips for success.
2023 ICD-10-PCS Expert
Developed for day-to-day facility coders, clinical coders, students, and examinees, AAPC’s ICD-10-PCS Expert is designed around the unique structure of the PCS coding system, resulting in a logical and easy-to-use code book that simplifies assembling PCS codes. Intuitive and color coded, this inpatient procedure coding resource will enhance your work or your studies.
Key Features and Benefits
- Complete 2023 ICD-10-PCS code set including new and revised code characters and tables
- ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting plus official and additional conventions
- Colored font and symbols throughout the tables guide correct coding for limited coverage, noncovered, and HAC-associated procedures, combination clusters, non-OR procedures affecting MS-DRG assignment, new and revised text for 2023, and male or female-only procedures
- Comprehensive appendices such as Root Operations Definitions, Body Part Key, Device Key, Device Aggregation Table, Character Meaning, Substance Key, and Combination Clusters
- Yellow orientation lines help you navigate indentations in the Index
- Anatomical illustrations provide guidance for identifying where body procedures are being performed
- Intuitive features and format help you build over 100,000 codes from the easy-to-understand tables
- Dictionary-style headers and bleed tabs in the Index and Tabular for quick reference
- Free CEU with Purchase: With every purchase of a 2023 AAPC code book, you can register for a free code book training worth 1 CEU. Each training course will provide an overview of the code book including the history of the coding system, a tour of each book, and tips for success!