The Coders’ Desk Reference for Procedures is a
comprehensive resource for all 2023 CPT® codes. This all-inclusive
tool helps identify the minute differences between, and components of,
similar CPT® codes.
You will code more accurately from operative reports and produce
cleaner claims the first time by improving your understanding of the clinical
meanings behind the codes and checking billing and coding information for
Key Features and Benefits
- NEW — Place of service codes for E/M
services. Review list of CMS-1500 place of service codes with grid of
evaluation and management codes linked to the appropriate place of
- Comprehensive CPT® code listing with CPT® procedure
lay descriptions. Eliminate the need for multiple
resources with a one-stop resource of more than 8,000 CPT® codes
and 6,000 lay descriptions for surgery, laboratory/pathology, radiology,
medicine, and evaluation and management codes.
- E/M guidelines. Review components of care needed to
determine E/M levels of service, assisting in proper E/M code assignment.
- Modifier definitions and usage rules. Reduce
research time and improve coding accuracy with a complete modifier list,
accompanied by narrative explanations to ensure proper use of modifiers.
- Procedure eponym crosswalk. Locate
eponym definitions and code links in an alphabetically organized
- Reimbursement and procedure glossary of terms. Understand
terminology often used in medical record documentation and terms used in
communications with payers.
- Abbreviations, acronyms, symbols, prefixes, and suffixes. Better understand
terms and use these valuable tools for more efficient CPT® coding.
- Anatomical illustrations. Recognize
the body sites described in operative reports with helpful
CPT® is a registered trademark of the
American Medical Association.