Developed for day-to-day facility coders, clinical coders, students, and examinees, AAPC’s ICD-10-PCS Expert is designed around the unique structure of the PCS coding system, resulting in a logical and easy-to-use code book that simplifies assembling PCS codes. Intuitive and color coded, this inpatient procedure coding resource will enhance your work or your studies.
Key Features and Benefits
- Complete 2023 ICD-10-PCS code set including new and revised code characters and tables
- ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting plus official and additional conventions
- Colored font and symbols throughout the tables guide correct coding for limited coverage, noncovered, and HAC-associated procedures, combination clusters, non-OR procedures affecting MS-DRG assignment, new and revised text for 2023, and male or female-only procedures
- Comprehensive appendices such as Root Operations Definitions, Body Part Key, Device Key, Device Aggregation Table, Character Meaning, Substance Key, and Combination Clusters
- Yellow orientation lines help you navigate indentations in the Index
- Anatomical illustrations provide guidance for identifying where body procedures are being performed
- Intuitive features and format help you build over 100,000 codes from the easy-to-understand tables
- Dictionary-style headers and bleed tabs in the Index and Tabular for quick reference
- Free CEU with Purchase: With every purchase of a 2023 AAPC code book, you can register for a free code book training worth 1 CEU. Each training course will provide an overview of the code book including the history of the coding system, a tour of each book, and tips for success!