Going beyond the basics to help you code accurately and efficiently, AAPC’s 2023 HCPCS Level II Expert is an essential code book for reporting durable medical equipment, injectable drugs, outpatient surgery, procedures and services, and many other codes. Complete with a customized alphabetic Index and supplementary information for each code, this resource is designed for both professional coders and students preparing for their certification exam.
Key Features and Benefits
- HCPCS Level II coding procedures guide from CMS to help you to better understand HCPCS Level II codes
- Comprehensive list of new, revised, and deleted codes for2023
- Table of Drugs and Biologicals helps identify HCPCS Level II drug codes based on their brand or generic name
- HCPCS Level II modifiers with descriptions and tips contain the information you need to accurately apply modifiers
- APC Status Indicator and ASC Payment Indicator symbols help you find codes payable through OPPS
- Anatomic illustrations and full color photos provide helpful visuals for selecting the correct code
- Citations to AHA Coding Clinic® indicate which HCPCS Level II codes have been covered in AHA Coding Clinic® articles for industry insights and advice
- Numerous appendices provide quick look ups for National Correct Coding Edits, POS codes, Medicare’s Pub 100 references, and tips on proper modifier use
- Color-coded icons supply age and sex alerts, new and revised code changes, and special Medicare coverage indicators
- Colorful orientation lines help you navigate indentations in the Index
- Free CEU with Purchase: With every purchase of a 2023 AAPC code book, you can register for a free code book training worth 1 CEU. Each training course will provide an overview of the code book including the history of the coding system, a tour of each book, and tips for success!