| Product Description
Our Coding and Payment Guide for Medical Oncology/Hematology Services is your one-stop coding,
reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for oncology and hematology medical
services. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2022 and organized by specialty-specific CPT codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip,
documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM
diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never
been so easy.|
- Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, add-on, and telemedicine procedure codes,
making your coding process for procedures and E/M services quick and efficient.
- ICD-10-CM code icons. Icons identifying male and female only codes, as well as age-related and
laterality diagnosis codes.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value
units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with the total RVUs for non-facility and
facility are included.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided with the CPT code, including
illustrations, lay descriptions, coding tips, clinical terms, Medicare RVUs and IOM references, and
commonly associated ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes.
- Evaluation and Management services. Evaluation and Management codes commonly used in your
specialty are now included with their official description and lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits,
and relative value units.
- Customized HCPCS Level II Section. HCPCS codes and a chemotherapy drug table included for
- CPT Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT code has been in the
American Medical Association’s CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references to Internet Only
Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery.
- CCI edits by CPT and HCPCS procedure codes. CPT and HCPCS procedure codes with their
associated CCI edits are provided in a special section. Quarterly updates are available online.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustration section for a better understanding of anatomy.
- Customized ICD-10-CM Neoplasm Table. Provides an alphabetic listing directly from the 2022
ICD-10-CM table of malignant neoplasms.