| Product Description
Understanding Modifiers uses actual medical records to outline, in detail, how to document services
and apply the correct modifiers. This book was developed as an educational tool for physicians and their
staff, as well as billers and coders of hospital outpatient services and ASC services.|
- Optum360 Edge — Educational format. Easy-to-use format for every experience level, and for use
in the classroom or on the job.
• Optum360 Edge — Internet resources. Supplies all of the up-to-date links a coder needs to find
accurate modifier information online.
- Optum360 Edge — Decision tree flow charts. Coders learn how to choose the correct modifier
when more than one could apply.
- Real-life clinical examples. Reduce claim denials by learning from correctly used modifiers and
completed CMS-1500 forms.
- Includes all AMA CPT and HCPCS Level II modifier updates.
- Includes 2022 changes to modifiers and their guidelines.