| Product Description
Accurately report supplies and services for physician, hospital outpatient, and ASC settings with the 2022
HCPCS Level II Professional. Use this comprehensive reference for the HCPCS Level II code set that
focuses on management of reimbursement. This user-friendly book guides any coder confidently through
current modifiers, code changes, additions, and deletions with information as dictated by the Centers for
Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).|
- Comprehensive code updates.
- Table of Drugs. Locate both generic and brand-name drugs and their corresponding codes based
on the amount and route of administration.
- Code level documentation tips. When appropriate, guidance is provided to assist correct coding.
- APC status indicators and ASC designation symbols. Determine which codes are payable
under OPPS and which codes enable billing using ASC groupings, as well as how to accurately
use each to help ensure appropriate billing and reimbursement.
- Comprehensive Drug Information. The C and J code sections include a listing of a common
drug(s) to be used for that code. Also, as needed, a coding tip and/or drug notation is provided.
- DMEPOS icon. Distinguish codes paid under the DMEPOS fee schedule to improve efficiency
when coding for supplies that should be submitted under the system to durable medical payers.
- In-depth illustrations. Enhance your coding process and accuracy for supplies and services with
detailed visual references.
- AHA Coding Clinic for HCPCS references. Receive additional support with articles on
difficult-to-code HCPCS Level II codes or sections.
- Color-coded bars and icons. Spot important information to help reduce inaccurate and denied
claims with informative flags signaling Internet Only Manuals (IOM, formerly Pub. 100) references,
age and gender edits, quantity alerts, new/deleted/revised code changes, and government
coverage and rules for each code.
- User-friendly appendixes. Navigate additional information easily with structured references and
excerpts, including a comprehensive drug table, acronyms/abbreviations, and modifiers.