| Product Description
Evaluation and management (E/M) coding is notoriously difficult because coders may have trouble
selecting the correct code from among a range of seemingly appropriate choices.
Consequently, providers can make more mistakes with E/M coding than coding for any other item or
service. This resource offers detailed and advanced guidance on selecting the appropriate E/M codes,
with helpful resources designed for difficult E/M coding situations.|
- Optum360 Edge—Get online access to Physician E/M Self-Audit Forms. Protect your revenue
critical services and procedures.
- Complete 2022 update to changes in E/M coding process.
- Compliance guidance, checklist, and worksheets. Assists in helping avoid costly revenue takebacks.
- ICD-10-CM code assignment hinges on the quality and detail of E/M encounter data. Get the
appropriate ICD-10-CM coding assignments with improved E/M coding process. Minimize physician
queries and prevent delays in claims processing pending information and stop outright claims denials.
- Includes clinical case studies. Train coders and clinicians using real-life scenarios.
- Telemedicine services. Understand how E/M services are reported.
- Chapter addressing HCPCS codes. HCPCS types of services complete in one chapter.
- Covers E/M services. Review of the E/M rules and protocols.
- Helpful advice designed for difficult E/M coding situations. Well-patient exams, H1N1 flu, and
other common, but problematic coding scenarios are explained.
- Includes knowledge assessments. With answers and rationale, get instant feedback on knowledge
- Targeted areas. Review what auditors are targeting, such as critical care.
- Documentation guidance. Review key factors for proper E/M code selection, plus advice to help
clinicians make an objective review of subjective information.