| Product Description
The Coding and Payment Guide for Dental Services is your one-stop coding, reimbursement,
and documentation resource developed exclusively for dental practices. This comprehensive
and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2022 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, documentation
and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, RVUs and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM
diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has
never been so easy.
- Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, add-on, and telemedicine procedure codes,
making your coding process for procedures and E/M services quick and efficient.
- ICD-10-CM code icons. Icons identifying male and female only codes, as well as age-related and
laterality diagnosis codes.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CDT and CPT full code
descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement
tips, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis.
- Prevent claim denials and stay up to date with Medicare payer information. Review Medicare
IOM references containing information linked to CDT, HCPCS Level II, and CPT codes tailored to
dental services, to prepare cleaner claims before submission.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value
units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and
facility services are included.
- CCI edits. Includes CCI edits for CDT, CPT, and HCPCS procedure codes in a special section with
quarterly updates available online.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of the anatomy related to dental
procedures and services.