| Product Description
The Coders’ Desk Reference for Procedures is a comprehensive resource for all 2022 CPT codes.
This all-inclusive tool helps identify the minute differences between, and components of, similar CPT codes.
You will code more accurately from operative reports and produce cleaner claims the first time by
improving your understanding of the clinical meanings behind the codes and checking billing and coding
information for Medicare.
- Comprehensive CPT code listing with CPT procedure lay descriptions. Eliminate the need
for multiple resources with a one-stop resource of more than 8,000 CPT codes and 6,000 lay
descriptions for surgery, laboratory/pathology, radiology, medicine, and evaluation and
- E/M guidelines. Review components of care needed to determine E/M levels of service,
assisting in proper E/M code assignment.
- Modifier definitions and usage rules. Reduce research time and improve coding accuracy with
a complete modifier list, accompanied by narrative explanations to ensure proper use of
- Procedure eponym crosswalk. Locate eponym definitions and code links in an alphabetically
- Reimbursement and procedure glossary of terms. Understand terminology often used in
medical record documentation and terms used in communications with payers.
- Abbreviations, acronyms, symbols, prefixes, and suffixes. Better understand terms and use
these valuable tools for more efficient CPT coding.
- Anatomical illustrations. Recognize the body sites described in operative reports with helpful
- Place of service codes for E/M services. Review list of CMS-1500 place of service codes with
grid of evaluation and management codes linked to the appropriate place of service.
- Medication table and related CPT codes. Table of drugs listed by brand name with generic
names and related CPT laboratory and pathology codes.