| Product Description
This unique manual shows what the medical record must contain for correct coding and billing of specific
medical and diagnostic services and procedures. It provides coders and anyone concerned about coding
with an auditor’s perspective on the clinical detail, regulatory instructions, and coding protocol needed for
code assignment. Avoid the devastating effects of outside audits and reviews with this detailed coding
- Optum360 Edge—Get online access to customizable audit worksheets. Protect your revenue
critical services and procedures.
- Expanded office and other outpatient E/M services (99202-99215) section. Keep up to date on the
new reporting guidelines.
- Conduct skilled internal audits. Ensure proper reimbursement.
- Differentiate between similar procedures. Compare and contrast seemingly similar, but different,
- Completely updated for 2022 code set and regulatory changes.
- Increase revenue. Learn the appropriate way to report telehealth services.
- Provides coders with an auditor’s perspective. Know the clinical detail, regulatory instructions, and
coding best practices needed for code assignment.
- Know what information needs to be in the medical record and on the claim form to capture
- Know the key terms that need to be mentioned in the medical record to support code assignment.
- See the medical conditions that are indicated for diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical purposes.
- Gain valuable code intelligence. Confirm correct code assignment.
- Train your staff. This resource is thorough and can easily be used to train staff how to assign codes
- Correct modifier assignment. Modifier decision-making trees assist with assigning correct modifiers.
- Supports best practices.