| Product Description
The 2022 ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals, with Guidelines, with our hallmark features
and format, makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and
long-term care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set,
MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for
comorbidities/complications (CC) and major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified
are hospital acquired conditions (HAC) and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC).|
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and
symbols, that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X,
Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, QPP, and unspecified codes.
- Updated coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated and assist in appropriate code
- Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions have been added for a better understanding of complex ICD10-CM diagnostic terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2022 new, revised, and deleted codes to
identify at a glance code changes for your specialty, plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the
new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical
shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix, plus many illustrations at the code
level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
- Downloadable files. CMS updates received after this ICD-10-CM Expert goes to print, including
MCCs, CC Excludes PDx collection, and POA exempt codes.