| Product Description
The 2022 ICD-10-CM Professional for Physicians, with early delivery, uses our hallmark features and
format, making the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. Developed specifically to meet the
needs of physicians, the Optum360 codebook contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, which is the
cornerstone for establishing medical necessity, determining coverage, and ensuring appropriate
reimbursement. Symbols in the tabular section identify codes associated with CMS quality payment
program (QPP) measures and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC) used in risk adjustment (RA)
Guaranteed delivery before October 1, 2021. The timing of the CMS release of the Official Guidelines for
Coding and Reporting might not allow for early delivery. Therefore, this early delivery version might
contain the 2021 guidelines. A booklet containing the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for
2022 will be shipped separately if the 2022 guidelines are not available at the time this edition goes to
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols
that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X,
Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, QPP, and unspecified codes.
- Updated coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated and assist in appropriate code
- Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions help provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2022 new, revised, and deleted codes to
identify at a glance code changes, plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed
codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical
shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus, many illustrations at the
code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.