| Product Description
The 2022 ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals, with early delivery, uses our hallmark features and
format, making the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and long-term
care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and
ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC) and
major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified are hospital acquired conditions (HAC)
and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC).
Guaranteed delivery before October 1, 2021. The timing of CMS release of the Official
Guidelines for Coding and Reporting might not allow for early delivery. Therefore, this early
delivery version might contain the 2021 guidelines. A booklet containing the Official Guidelines
for Coding and Reporting for 2022 will be shipped separately, if the 2022 guidelines are not
available at the time this edition goes to press.
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols
that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare
Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, QPP, and unspecified codes.
- Coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, and assist in appropriate code selection.
- Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions help provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2022 new, revised, and deleted codes to
identify at a glance code changes, plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed
codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical
shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying
specific code-related anatomy.
- Downloadable files. CMS updates received after this ICD-10-CM Expert goes to print, including
MCCs, CC Excludes PDx collection, and POA exempt codes.
- Supplementary appendixes. Additional information provided for POA coding and reporting tutorial;
code lists for CC, MCC, and other valuable appendixes.