| Product Description
The 2022 ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians with Guidelines, with our hallmark features and format,
makes the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. Developed specifically to meet the needs of
physicians, the Optum360 codebook contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, which is the cornerstone
for establishing medical necessity, determining coverage, and ensuring appropriate reimbursement.
Symbols in the tabular section identify codes associated with CMS quality payment program (QPP)
measures and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC) used in risk adjustment (RA) coding.
Supplementary appendixes available only in the expert edition include pharmacology listings, Z codes for
long-term use of drugs and associated drug names, and Z codes used only as primary diagnosis.|
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols
that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare
Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, QPP, and unspecified codes.
- Updated coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated to assist in appropriate code selection.
- Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions have been added for a better understanding of complex ICD10-CM diagnostic terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2022 new, revised, and deleted codes to
identify at a glance code changes for your specialty. Plus, an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the
new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical
shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix, plus many illustrations at the code
level identifying specific code-related anatomy