| Product Description
The 2022 ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals with Guidelines, with our hallmark features and
format, makes the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and long-term
care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and
ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC) and
major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified are hospital acquired conditions (HAC)
and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC).|
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols
that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X,
Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, QPP, and unspecified codes.
- Coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated and assist in appropriate code selection.
- Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions help provide an understanding of complex ICD-10-CM
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2022 new, revised, and deleted codes to
identify at a glance code changes, plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed
codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical
shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter specific coding examples.
- Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Many illustrations at the code level identifying
specific code-related anatomy.
- Downloadable files. CMS updates received after this ICD-10-CM Expert goes to print, including
MCCs, CC Excludes PDx collection, and POA exempt codes.
- Supplementary appendixes. Additional information provided for POA coding and reporting tutorial;
code lists for CC, MCC, and other valuable appendixes.