| Product Description
Turn to the resource that goes beyond basic coding with the Current Procedural Coding Expert –
Expert Edition, your CPT coding resource.
Equipped with the entire 2022 CPT code set with easy-to-use coding includes and excludes notes for
coding guidance and Medicare icons for speedy coding, billing, and reimbursement, this easy-to-navigate
resource will benefit physician practices, outpatient hospitals, and ASCs.
You will also find a comprehensive listing of annual code additions, revisions, deletions, and
reinstatements in the appendix; new code icons and notes; plus, reimbursement information and mid-year
changes not found in the American Medical Association’s (AMA) CPT codebooks.|
- Optum360 Edge — Code-specific definitions, rules, and references. Reference comprehensive
information compiled from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the AMA,
Optum360, and other sources to assist with accurate coding and speed reimbursement.
- Icons/color bars. Familiar icons or color bars used for new, revised, add-on, re-sequenced,
telemedicine, and for correct modifier usage. Also identify which new or revised CPT codes are valid,
but not in the current CPT book.
- Extensive user-friendly index. Find codes in a flash with our accurate and expansive alphabetic
index with terms listed in a variety of ways.
- CCI edit icon. Quickly identify those CPT codes with corresponding CCI edits.
- Evaluation and management appendix. Easy-to-use grids and extended guidelines to facilitate E/M
- New, Revised, and Deleted codes appendix. Easily identify changes to CPT code descriptions,
including code changes made mid-year by the AMA, but not found in the AMA’s CPT codebook.
- CPT Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of a CPT code exists in the
AMA’s CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) appendix. Improve claims accuracy by ensuring CMS compliance
through easy-to-access codes and their associated MUE units.
- Medicare coverage rules with icons and IOM references. Understand which CMS policies apply to
CPT codes prior to claim submission. Some of these icons include ASC payment and OPPS status
indicators and IOM references.
- Facility and non-facility RVUs and global/follow-up days. Evaluate your fees and understand the
impact on standard post procedure coverage.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix, plus many illustrations at the code
level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
- Modifier appendix. Includes CPT and HCPCS Level II modifiers and descriptions for easy reference
for Medicare coding.
- Brand-name vaccinations associated with CPT codes. Vaccine names are listed by the CPT code to aid accurate coding for medications.
- Appendix with codes used to report inpatient only procedures. Avoid payment denials and coding
errors by using this unique reference.
- Glossary of terms. Increase your understanding of coding, billing, and reimbursement terms to
improve coding accuracy.
- Spiral binding. Allows the book to lay flat for ease of use and durability.
- Interventional radiology guidance. Access an appendix of illustrations showing interventional
radiology vascular families, as well an appendix of grids detailing vascular family order for more
accurate radiology coding.