Facilities can use this reference tool daily
to manage the constant changes to the Medicare billing and reimbursement
The Uniform Billing Editor provides
detailed, accurate, and timely information about Medicare and UB-04 billing
rules and assists the user with 5010 data, UB-04 and 837i requirements.
Key features and benefits of this ebook:
- Quickly locate topics based on field locators, revenue
codes, or coding structures. This
easy-to-use format is fully indexed and tabbed with icons for quick
- Quickly link HCPCS and CPT® codes
to applicable revenue codes. This
crosswalk helps you to prevent the most common reasons for rejections —
mismatched revenue codes and CPT® or HCPCS codes.
- Crosswalk to 837 institutional claims. Provides links to 837i 4010 and 5010 data
elements and any applicable billing rules — facilitating easier transition
to the 837i.
- Coding and billing tips with quick access to official
sources. Submit claims to Medicare
accurately the first time — to help you reduce claim delays and denials.
- Includes 5010 standards and provides detailed,
accurate, and timely information about Medicare billing and reimbursement.
- Avoid payment delays and CMS rejections by submitting
clean, 5010-compliant electronic claims.
- OCE and MCE edits. Identify
data inconsistencies, potential rejections, and denials through OCE and
- Timely updates throughout the year. Stay current with changes to help you eliminate
billing with outdated information.
Time-saving eBook features:
- Table of Contents instantly links the user to any
chapter, and PDF features allow the user to move back and forth between
- Create additional bookmarks.
- Quickly find the information you are looking for with
keyword searches and improve the accuracy of your inpatient and outpatient