The ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians with
Optum360's hallmark features and format makes facing the challenge of accurate
diagnosis coding easier. Developed specifically to meet the needs of
physicians, the Optum360 code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set
which is the cornerstone for establishing medical necessity, determining
coverage, and ensuring appropriate reimbursement.
Now with a new symbol in the tabular for codes
associated with CMS quality payment program (QPP) measures and a symbol to
identify codes associated with CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC) used
in risk adjustment (RA) coding. Supplementary appendixes available only in the
expert edition include: pharmacology listings, Z codes for long-term use of
drugs and associated drug names; and Z codes used only as primary diagnosis.
New features in Professional and Expert
editions of 2020 ICD-10-CM for Physicians:
- Complete list of new revised and deleted codes
- Conversion table identifying new codes to the 2018 ed.
- Coding Tips specific physician and outpatient settings
- Introducing a new symbol in the tabular to identify
diagnosis codes associated with QPP measures
- More definitions added for diagnostic terms
Key features and benefits of this ICD10 code
- New — Optum360 Edge — QPP
measures. Introducing a new symbol in the tabular to identify
diagnosis codes associated with QPP measures.
- New — Optum360 Edge — Coding
Tips. Specific coding tips for physician and outpatient settings.
- New — Optum360 Edge — More
Definitions. More diagnostic terms are defined.
- New — Optum360 Edge — Complete
list of code changes. All 2020 new, revised, and deleted codes
listed in the front of the book.
- Optum360 Edge — Two
delivery options. Delivery option 1 – guaranteed delivery before
October 1, 2018. Updated 2020 guidelines will be provided in a guideline
booklet that will be shipped separately. Delivery option 2 – guidelines
bound in the book. Books may arrive after October 1, but are guaranteed to
contain the complete updated 2020 code set along with updated 2020
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Includes all of the Optum360 visual alerts, including
color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions,
additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits
(MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, and unspecified codes.
What is the difference between the Expert and
- Expert Edition: Spiral
bound and appendixes which include: POA coding and reporting tutorial;
pharmacology listings of common drugs with therapeutic classes and
indications; and code lists for CC, MCC and PDx CC/MCC.
- Expert Edition: Downloadable
files for CC Excludes PDx collection, POA exempt codes.
- The Professional edition does not include the above