Turn to the resource that goes beyond basic coding with the
Current Procedural Coding Expert, your CPT® coding resource. Equipped with the
entire 2019 CPT® code set with easy-to-use coding includes and excludes notes
for coding guidance and Medicare icons for speedy coding, billing, and
reimbursement, this easy-to-navigate resource will benefit physician practices,
outpatient hospitals, and ASCs. You will also find a comprehensive listing of
annual code additions, changes, deletions, and reinstatements in the appendix;
new code icons and notes; plus reimbursement information and mid-year changes
not found in the American Medical Association’s (AMA) CPT® codebooks.
Features included in Current Procedural Coding Expert:
- Optum360 Edge — Code-specific definitions, rules, and
references. Reference comprehensive information compiled from the Centers for
Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the AMA, Optum360, and other sources to
assist with accurate coding and speed reimbursement.
- Icons/color bars. Familiar icons or color bars used for new,
revised, add on, re-sequenced, telemedicine and for correct modifier usage.
Also identify which new or revised CPT® codes are valid, but not in the current
- Extensive user-friendly index. Find codes in a flash with
our accurate and expansive alphabetic index with terms listed in a variety of
- CCI edit icon. Quickly identify those CPT® codes with
corresponding CCI edits.
- Evaluation and Management appendix. Easy-to-use grids and
extended guidelines to facilitate E&M code selection.
- New, Changed, and Deleted codes appendix. Easily identify
changes to CPT® code descriptions, including code changes made mid-year by the
AMA not found in the AMA’s CPT® codebook.
- CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or
discussion of a CPT® code exists in the AMA’s CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use
the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) appendix. Improve claims
accuracy by ensuring CMS compliance through easy-to-access codes and their
associated MUE units.
- Medicare coverage rules with icons and IOM references.
Understand which CMS policies apply to CPT® codes prior to claim submission.
Some of these icons include ASC payment and OPPS status indicators and IOM
- Facility and non-facility RVUs and global/follow-up days.
Evaluate your fees, and understand the impact on standard post procedure
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration
appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific
- Modifier appendix. Includes CPT® and HCPCS Level II
modifiers and descriptions for easy reference for Medicare coding.
- Brand-name vaccinations associated with CPT® codes. Vaccine
names are listed by the CPT® code to aid accurate coding for medications.
- Appendix with codes used to report inpatient procedures
only. Avoid payment denials by making coding errors.
- Glossary of terms. Increase your understanding of coding,
billing, and reimbursement terms to improve coding accuracy.
- Spiral binding. Allows the book to lay flat for ease of use
- Interventional radiology guidance. Access an appendix of
illustrations showing interventional radiology vascular families, as well an
appendix of grids detailing vascular family order for more accurate radiology
- Snap in Tabs. Mark often used sections for easy reference.