Turn to the resource
that goes beyond basic coding with the Current Procedural Coding
Expert, your CPT® coding resource.
Equipped with the entire
2017 CPT® code set with easy-to-use coding includes and excludes notes for
coding guidance and Medicare icons for speedy coding, billing, and
reimbursement, this easy-to-navigate resource will benefit physician practices,
outpatient hospitals, and ASCs.
You’ll also find a
comprehensive listing of annual code additions/changes/deletions/reinstatements
in the appendix, new code icons and notes, plus reimbursement information and
mid-year changes not found in the American Medical Association’s (AMA) CPT®
Key Features and Benefits
- Optum360 Edge — Headings with detailed Optum360
subheadings. Locate CPT® codes quickly.
- Optum360 Edge — Code-specific definitions, rules, and
references. Reference comprehensive
information compiled from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
(CMS), the AMA, Optum360, and other sources to assist with accurate coding
and speed reimbursement.
- Optum360 Edge — Resequenced CPT® code alerts. Identify the AMA’s code “resequencing” at a glance with
our specific instructions, color bars, and brackets.
- Optum360 Edge — Extensive
user-friendly index. Find codes in a flash with the most accurate
and expansive index of any CPT® coding resource with terms listed in a
variety of ways.
- CCI edit icon. Quickly
identify those CPT® codes with corresponding CCI edits.
- Evaluation and Management appendix – Easy-to-use grids and extended guidelines to facilitate
E&M code selection.
- New, Changed, and Deleted codes appendix. Easily identify changes to CPT® code
descriptions, including code changes made mid-year by the AMA not found in
the AMA’s CPT® code book.
- CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT has
been in the American Medical Association’s CPT
Assistant Newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct
- Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) Appendix. Improve claims accuracy by ensuring CMS
compliance through easy-to-access codes and their associated MUE units.
- Medicare coverage rules with icons and with IOM (Pub
100) references. Understand which policies
apply to CPT® codes prior to claim submission with icons and references
for each rule, plus a copy of the applicable policy in the appendix.
- Facility and non-facility RVUs and global/follow-up
days.Ensure more accurate
reimbursement with attachment to the corresponding code.
- Helpful illustrations. Detect anatomical differences in codes with ease.
- Modifier icons. Apply
modifiers correctly with quick icon identification with the CPT® code.
- Modifier appendix. Includes CPT® and HCPCS Level II modifiers and
descriptions for easy reference for Medicare coding.
- Brand-name vaccinations associated with CPT® codes.Vaccine names are listed by the CPT® code to aid
accurate coding for medications.
- Appendix with codes used to report inpatient procedures
only. Don’t be denied payment by
making coding errors.
- Glossary of terms. Increase your understanding of coding, billing, and
reimbursement terms to improve coding accuracy.
- Softbound. Less
bulky for travel and easy-to-see title on your book