Correct reporting and billing of medical
procedures and services begins with CPT® 2018 Standard Edition. The AMA
publishes the only CPT® codebook with the official CPT coding guidelines
developed by the CPT Editorial Panel.
The updates that appear in this revision have
been prepared by the CPT Editorial Panel with the assistance of physicians representing
all specialties of medicine, and with important contributions from many
third-party payers and government organizations.
New for 2018!
- New modifiers added to Appendix A
- Editorial revisions of the code ranges located
in the parenthetical notes for reseqenced codes to provide more succinct ranges
- The addition of proprietary laboratory analyses
(PLA) codes at the end of the Pathology/Laboratory section
Features and Benefits
- A comprehensive index — helps locate codes
related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym
- Illustrated anatomical review — a quick
reference review of vocabulary and anatomy basics.
- Clinical examples — provide a useful tool and
guidance for reporting services provided to patients.
- Alphabetical tabular listing of most analytes
in the Pathology and Laboratory section — eases your code search by directing
you to applicable molecular pathology codes based on a specific analyte.
- Increased granularity in Molecular Pathology —
improves your ability to assign the proper code for a laboratory procedure.
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions —
provides an overview of 2017 changes.
- Multiple appendices — offer quick reference to
additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, add-on
codes and vascular families.