In 2016, many CPT code changes will take effect. This edition of CPT Changes will explain changes throughout the entire code set, including those areas with some of the most noteworthy changes: Cardiovascular, Prolonged Office Services, Digestive, Radiation Oncology, Vaccines, and Pathology/Laboratory Testing.
AMA is the authority to turn to when seeking official interpretation and explanation for a CPT code or guideline change. Know the changes inside and out. Avoid and reduce claim denials.
The new 2016 edition has been completely redesigned with:
- Larger page size and spiral binding
- New headings and tabs for easier navigation
- Four-color instead of two-color printing to parallel CPT Professional
- Two-column page layout for easier reading
- Improved rationales to communicate the reasons for — and the implications of — the changes
- New table at the beginning of each section detailing the code changes within that section
- New subject-code index for quick search and access to codes and procedures