Providers want accurate reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. But with the CPT® code set being a dynamic, ever-changing necessity, an outdated codebook doesn’t make your jobs easier. |
Have the official, most current source at your fingertips: CPT® 2016 Professional Edition.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the health care community, creates and maintains the CPT code set. No other publisher can claim that. No other codebook can provide you the official guidelines to code medical services and procedures properly.
Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT® 2016 Professional Edition.
The CPT Professional Codebook covers hundreds of code, guideline and text changes. It features the following enhancements:
- Updated alphabetical tabular listing of most analytes in the Pathology and Laboratory section — eases your code search by directing you to applicable molecular pathology codes based on a specific analyte
- Increased granularity in Molecular Pathology — improves your ability to assign the proper code for a laboratory procedure
- Updated! CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations — provides cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT code set
- A comprehensive index — aids you in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations — help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures being discussed
- Appendix of multianalyte assays with algorithmic analyses — provides an administrative code set of single-sourced (laboratory or manufacturer) tests
- Coding tips throughout each section — improve your understanding of the nuances of the code set
- Enhanced codebook table of contents — allows users to perform a quick search of the codebook’s entire content without being in a specific section
- Section-specific table of contents — provides users with a tool to navigate more effectively through each section’s codes
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions — provides a quick reference to 2016 changes without having to refer to previous editions
- Multiple appendixes — offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes and vascular families
Stay up-to-date on changes to CPT® codes by signing up to receive email notifications when changes have been posted to the AMA website for category II codes, category III codes, vaccine codes and errata. You also may sign up to receive notice of CPT Editorial Panel meeting registration.